Friday, April 5, 2013

Almost Done...

 So our 10 days in Istanbul are almost over. I really do wish I had more time here there are still so many things that I need and want to do! Oh well, that just means I will have something to look forward to on my next trip to Istanbul! Well, yesterday we started off the morning with free time and then we took off to Galatasary University (the Turkish version of Harvard) and then we had another fabulous dinner. Today was a free day and we did a multitude of things and then ended the day with a traditional Whirling Dervish performance.
 Yesterday we went to the most gorgeous park! Since it is the tulip festival giant tulips were everywhere. They came in a wide variety of colors, many of which I have never seen. Istanbul is an Olympic City for the 2020 games, so they had the Olympic rings all done up in tulips which was really pretty.I think Istanbul is the perfect city for the games and I really hope they get chosen.
 After that we took of to Galatasary University. The students were much much more conservative then those at Fatih. Galatasary is very hard to get in to and only the very privaliged will actually get in. Galatasary is right on the river and has the most gorgeous view! I can not even imagine going to a school like it.
 Today we shopped and did a whole bunch of random things. After all of that we ended the day with a Whirling Dervish performance. The Whirling Dervish is a very religious performance and interesting to watch. Five men twirled around in circles non-stop for about a whole hour. It was fascinating.
 Well it is our last day and we are spending it on the Asian side of Istanbul! We will go canoeing and then have a barbecue. After that we will go to dinner in a Turkish home! I am really looking forward to talk to some more Turkish people and ask them tons of questions. Hopefully it will be a very successful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment